Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Sweet Potato Hummus recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 4 1/2 local, raw sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1#10 can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup local maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 3/4 cinnamon maple sprinkles
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scrub and wash sweet potatoes. Peel and dice into cubes. Place on baking sheet and toss with half of the olive oil and half of the ground cinnamon. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- Drain beans
- Mix beans with roasted sweet potatoes in food processor.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, maple syrup, rest of olive oil, rest of cinnamon, and blend. Add coconut milk and blend until creamy.
- Serve 1/4 cup hummus and sprinkle top with 1/2 teaspoon maple sprinkles. Pairs well with apple slices.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC