Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Homemade Potato Salad recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 4 pounds, 11 ounces LOCAL red potatoes, raw
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 8 medium sized apples
- 7 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-prep: Wash potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch cubes. Peel and chop apples into 1/4 inch cubes. Chop eggs.
- Place red potatoes in large pot and completely cover with water. Place on medium high heat and bring to a boil. Cook 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain potatoes and let sit.
- Add potatoes and apples to a large bowl, along with eggs, celery, chives, thyme, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper.
- Gently toss until everything is coated.
- Serve as a 2/3 cup portion.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC