Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Mashed Sweet Potatoes today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 9 pounds, 1/3 ounce local jumbo sweet potatoes, fresh
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons, 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash local sweet potatoes to remove excess dirt.
- Fill hotel pans with sweet potatoes and cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until a fork slides easily into the sweet potato.
- Remove any discolored parts of the potatoes. Cut in half and scoop the inside portion of the potato from the skin into 22 quart containers. Discard skin.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a sauce pot over low heat until incorporated.
- Distribute sauce evenly among containers.
- Puree using immersion blender until very smooth. Must be pureed same day as cooked and cooled.
- Portion mashed sweet potatoes to hotel pans and heat to 165 degrees for service.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC