Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Mashed Sweet Potatoes today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 4 local sweet potatoes, medium size, raw
- 1/3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2/3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash local sweet potatoes to remove excess dirt.
- Place sweet potatoes in oven and cook until a fork slides easily into the sweet potato.
- Remove any discolored parts of the the sweet potato. Cut in half and scoop out the inside portion from the skin into a bowl. Discard skin.
- Heat remaining ingredients in a sauce pot over low heat until combined.
- Pour sauce over sweet potatoes.
- Puree using a handheld mixer or masher until smooth.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC