Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Basil Pesto recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 1/2 cup local, fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In the food processor, add basil, along with all other ingredients, except olive oil.
- Process until smooth, drizzling in olive oil as needed.
- Taste: cheese typically provides enough salt. Could add up to 1/2 teaspoon.
- This is a versatile and easy to make recipe. It can be used on pasta, or to jazz up fish, chicken, or sandwiches. Can be frozen up to 1 month.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC