Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Asparagus Chop Salad today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
Ingredients – Salad
- 1/2 cup, 1 tablespoon, 1/2 teaspoon local raw asparagus
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup, 1 3/4 teaspoon cucumbers, diced
- 1 tablespoon, 1/2 teaspoon red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, 1 teaspoon grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon, 1/2 teaspoon raw red pepper, diced
- 1 ounce kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon local, fresh basil, chopped
Ingredients – Dressing
- 2 1/3 teaspoon, balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/3 teaspoon, extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions – Pre Prep
- Wash asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Drain beans.
- Wash and dice cucumbers, red pepper, and onion.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Chop basil.
- Rough chop olives.
- Prepare dressing.
Directions – Make Salad
- Add the asparagus, drained garbanzo beans, diced cucumbers, tomatoes, diced red peppers, and olives into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss vegetables with dressing. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
- Add basil before serving.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC