Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Asparagus Chop Salad recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
Ingredients – Salad
- 1/2 cup local asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped
Ingredients – Dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions – Pre Prep
- Wash asparagus and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Drain beans.
- Wash and dice cucumbers, red pepper, and onion.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters.
- Chop basil.
- Rough chop olives.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Whisk.
Directions – Make Salad
- Add the asparagus, drained garbanzo beans, diced cucumbers, tomatoes, diced red peppers, and olives into a large mixing bowl.
- Toss vegetables with dressing. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 1 hour.
- Add basil before serving.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC