Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Apple Crisp recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 13 pounds local apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 quart unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into bite-sized pieces.
- In bowl, mix together apples, applesauce, and cornstarch. Spread into a pan.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, flour, and brown sugar.
- Melt butter.
- Put butter in oat/flour/sugar mixture and stir to make crumble.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of fruit mix.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove cover and finish baking, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until topping is crisp.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC