Make this dish. Make an impact. When you choose to buy, prepare, and eat fresh, local foods, it’s better for you and your community! Download our Apple Crisp recipe today. Cook and share with #feedourfutureohio.
- 9 apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and slice apples into bite-sized pieces.
- In bowl, mix together apples, applesauce, and cornstarch. Spread into a pan.
- In another bowl, mix together oats, flour, and brown sugar.
- Melt butter.
- Put butter in oat/flour/sugar mixture and stir to make crumble.
- Sprinkle crumble on top of fruit mix.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove cover and finish baking, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until topping is crisp.
Source: Pisanick Partners, LLC